Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bare Minerals Original Foundation

I was given the Bare Minerals original foundation in N20 medium beige as a sample in Sephora a little while back and I've only just gotten around to trying it now.



It wasn't quite what I was expecting. It has so many good reviews but for a few reasons it just doesn't work with my skin, which makes me sad.

Although this foundation has some coverage, my skin just seems to soak it up. Maybe my skin is too oily where I need the coverage, I don't know. I feel like this would work great for a dry skin type that already has a more even skin tone.



Next I tried it as a setting powder. If I manage to get it very, very lightly in the brush it works quite well. It is a foundation though, so I still have to check that it is well blended in. Usually I find it just cakes my foundation unfortunately. 

I also don't like the smell. If this worked well with me I wouldn't really notice as much, but because it doesn't it bothers me so much more.

I do, however, really like the packaging. I'm all about that matte black!

Swatch of bareMinerals Original in medium beige


No comments:

Post a Comment